Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Facebook

Friday, 24 April 2015

It's happening

For all those of you that started with me way back at the beginning about six months ago, thank you for your ongoing support and friendship. To those that have just come on board, welcome. I feel that I have achieved the first big step forward in my attempt to go from house wife to best selling author in 3, 2, 1.

My first solo novel, Walk on the Wild Side; The reinvention of Violet Monte, will be out in May 2015. It has been written, edited, proof read, formatted, had a cover designed for it. All that's left is to publish it oh and for it to become a best seller of course. (Hey you can't hate me for being positive can you?)

It's a scary prospect but I'm ready. I know some feedback will be positive and I know some won't be. But it's okay, it's a beginning. I've started my adventure. You will never get anywhere in life if you never take that first step. So here I go... in May I publish through a great publishing company called Booktrope. They have been supportive and fantastic from the get go. They have taken on a complete newbie and given me guidance and made publishing easy for me. They also gave me the confidence boost I needed.

I scored the loveliest editor on the face of the earth called Vicki Sly. She has a way of critically editing and suggesting changes without once causing hurt feelings or making me feel like I was a terrible writer. She got through numerous edits with me and never once uttered the words "don't give up your day job."  (Lucky because I already have.)

My Proofreader and project manager and book manager is one in the same the lovely Samantha March. Some would say she is a glutton for punishment but she is absolutely efficient and clever and I have complete faith in her and her abilities (I said she's awesome as well, didn't I?).

Then Tatiana Villa did a great job helping to design the cover. It is reflective of everything I wanted it to be. Fun, girly and pink :) She put up with me being picky and never complained. She may have cursed me in the privacy of her own home, I will never know but she was always 100% fantastic to my face and that's what counts right?

I have been so lucky to go into this with such a great team behind me. I feel so fortunate and thankful. At the risk of this beginning to sound a little like an Oscars speech I would also like to mention some great friends that I have met over the last few months. They have all helped in their own way, be it editing or beta reading or opinions on the cover or just trying to keep me sane (Believe me that's a tough job some days.)

Eeva Lancaster for being the nagging mum voice in my ear. I mean this in the best possible way of course. She wants the best for me and is always trying to kick my butt into shape and is constantly reassuring me because she knows I need it. I love this woman like the sister I never had.

I also want to mention S.J Hermann. He has become a great friend and supporter and an ear and we talk about everything from writing to food to zombies to more food. I know he loves me because he read Chick Lit for me. That is an accomplishment that I will never let him forget.

Then there is Patty Seitz, I discovered this lovely lady by accident and became instant friends. Not to mention she is the coolest person I know, mainly but not solely because she lives in Vegas. Really!

Then of course there are the wenches. This is a group of ladies who I would entrust everything I have. They are all writers and they are all fantastic. They have a blog if you want to check them out and gain some wench lovin' of your own its

https://www.facebook.com/writingwenches?fref=ts

Oh and of course all of you lovely readers and friends. You guys keep me company and prevent me talking solely to a screen. I love getting comments from you all, it really makes my day so thank you.

Anyway... on with the point of this blog today. Tomorrow I will be sharing the cover of Walk on the Wild Side; The reinvention of Violet Monte. In the mean time here is a little teaser... Enjoy and I'll see you tomorrow x
Suzie Jay 

8 comments:

  1. I will have to read your book, you are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady :) Right back at you x

      Delete
  2. About time! We waited so long for this. Excited for you, Suz. You can rely on me for butt kicking anytime. HUGS! Love ya too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetness couldnt do it without you x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're ready to go. Would like to know a little about your book. I'm in the same boat as you, so to speak, gearing up for publishing in June. Best of luck and look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really you have a book coming in June? What's it called and whats the genre.. share, share haha. I am just about to put up the blurb for Walk on the Wild side and the cover with out the paint blobs if you want to check it out. I would love to know what you think of the cover and feel free to share yours as well :) Good luck to you as well

      Delete
  4. Wonderful news Suzie! All the very best! Love and best wishes, Indika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indika I am always happy to see you pop in to say hello :) Its a bit of an exciting time :)

      Delete